Feeling lost or stuck with a client? This course will teach you how to construct treatment from the ground up using practical behavioral case formulation tools, so that you can easily and consistently track where you've been, where you are, and where you're going. Even better, these tools can be applied to any theoretical model of treatment. Includes worksheets and examples.
This course provides practical training to utilize behavioral case conceptualization and formulation strategies to improve treatment outcomes. The course is appropriate for clinicians utilizing any theoretical model, who are currently struggling with any of the following:
- Difficulty selecting appropriate interventions or techniques during session
- Applying the same rote, rigid, or limited number of interventions across clinical situations, even when the intervention is not working
- Difficulty deepening, expanding, or moving the treatment beyond initial, simple, or surface clinical problems
- Becoming “stuck” in session when something unexpected happens
- Difficulty incorporating sociocultural factors into your understanding of the patient’s experience and/or functioning
- Missing important information that may better explain a patient’s behaviors, diagnoses, or experiences
- Experiencing a recurrent sense that you are unsure where the treatment is going or what the purpose of treatment is
- Tending to use strategies, techniques, or interventions at ineffective or inappropriate times
- Seeing that patients do not seem to be improving (or are worsening in their clinical presentation)
This course is rooted in evidence-based, behavioral principles to teach clinicians how to create a solid case conceptualization that guides treatment. Clinicians will learn how to maintain a foundational conceptual structure while also flexibly integrating techniques from across therapeutic modalities.
2 Hours CE. Video Format.
Perform a thorough case formulation assessment, utilizing functional analysis techniques, to create a holistic and sophisticated understanding of each individual patient
Connect case formulation and treatment planning, creating treatment plans unique to each individual patient
Apply at least two practical tools to select appropriate and effective interventions “on the fly” in session
Utilize case formulation to organize multiple complex areas of clinical interest or concern
- Case Formulation and Treatment Analysis
- Functional Analysis
Format & Length:
Video format; Total running time 128 minutes
Intermediate. This course presumes basic therapeutic and theoretical knowledge, and welcomes clinicians with varying degrees of familiarity with behavioral conceptualization.
To obtain your CE certificate, you must progress through all course segments, complete a satisfaction survey, and obtain a score of 80% or higher on a course completion quiz.
Who Should Attend:
Counselors, clinical social workers, and marriage and family therapists.
Financial Support Statement:
SimplePractice Learning pays course presenters for their teaching. There is no other financial support for this course.
Conflict of Interest Statement:
There is no potential conflict of interest or outside commercial support for this course.
Click here to see our policies on attendance, refunds, grievances, and accessibility, and other frequently asked questions
NAADAC Approval Status:
This course is not part of our continuing education program approved through NAADAC. Click here to view our complete CE approval information, or check out our collection of NAADAC approved courses.